Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Kits christmas Dress

  1. #1
    Inactive Member ladydi43's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2003
    Posts
    222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello. My daughter just got Kit's x-mas dress from American Girl, and the dress doesn't fit the doll. It is so tight that you can't move the doll's arms, and the whole body part of the dress is like skin. Is this right? Did we just get a bad one, or are they making them smaller??
    Help please ,,,

    Diane

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ January 04, 2007 05:36 PM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font>

  2. #2
    courtneysunshine
    Guest courtneysunshine's Avatar

    Smile

    Hi Diane,

    That is the one outfit for Kit we don't have yet. However, it should fit and not be skin-tight. I would call the store and have them replace the dress. We have had problems with our older dolls, but Kit is thin and should fit into the dress.

    Kim [img]smile.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member auri's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2004
    Posts
    543
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Our Kit's Christmas dress fits very nicely, not tight at all. However, it is a few years old and the manufacturer may have changed. It seems to me that AG is skimping on fabric these days, making outfits tighter than they should be.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Aussiemum's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 15th, 2004
    Posts
    146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    [img]confused.gif[/img]

    <font color="royalblue"> YUP !!! I just received her christmas dress ( i DID tell you i got my KID doll didnt i?? [img]smile.gif[/img] ) and it is VERY tight, but if you put it on carefully, it does look very cute on. The hands ARE very hard to put through the sleeves, and it is TIGHT when you do the velcro up, but since shes been wearing it, it seems to fit a little better now. The hands are still a problem, but IT CAN BE DONE.... [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Tracey
    </font>

  5. #5
    Inactive Member JuliaAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2002
    Posts
    884
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I got Kit's Christmas dress with her when I got her two years ago. The dress is VERY snug, especially at the waist. My Kit must be on the slightly plump side. I can't imagine AG would have changed the dress size.

    Julia

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It is *super* tight on my doll, too, especially in the arms. Once I got it on I decided to leave it on! [img]wink.gif[/img] It's really too bad because I think the dress sort of takes play value away from the doll. Although it's fine for display, children will not be able to pose the doll easily, and the dog magnet may fall off.

  7. #7
    courtneysunshine
    Guest courtneysunshine's Avatar

    Question

    Melissa, the Scottie is a magnet?? How disappointing! I have a bunch of Scottie pins so maybe I'll substitute them for the magnet. I wonder why they didn't make it a pin or at least permanaently attach it to the dress?

    Kim [img]smile.gif[/img] who writes this as her Scottie dog is laying beside her trying to get her to leave the computer alone and play

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ August 04, 2004 01:05 PM: Message edited by: courtneysunshine ]</font>

  8. #8
    Inactive Member mollysmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 1st, 2004
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh shoot!!!!!!!!! That is my very favorite of all of Kit's outfits....... My Molly Dude Ranch Outfit shirt is too tight on Molly. I cannot make her lift her arms when it is on so it is hard to hold her canteen. I thought that maybe my Molly was pudgy but her arms should not be pudgy.......... I was thinking of sending that back and hoping that maybe another one would be looser but now I think they are just getting skimpy on the fabric..............
    Not that any of us would admit this, but these dolls are supposed to be "toys" and made for children to play with. I am 60 and it took me over an hour to get that stupid shirt on Molly. It I was a child, I would have given up after 5 minutes.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Miss M's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by courtneysunshine:
    I wonder why they didn't make it a pin or at least permanaently attach it to the dress?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I imagine it could be so it wouldn't leave a hole in the dress. Some pins if left in too long leave holes in material. Also, probably the main reason, children could poke themselves with a pin. Good question as to why not permanently attach it - makes the most sense since it wouldn't get lost that way.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ August 04, 2004 02:07 PM: Message edited by: Miss M ]</font>

  10. #10
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I first thought the main reason it's not a pin is so kids don't hurt themselves, especially since girls take their dolls everywhere, sleep with them, etc. It's really odd, though, because American Girl used to make "Grin Pins" for girls (actual pins), and the pins made for the dolls were stickers! For some reason they tend to not make real pins for the dolls.

    I've seen really adorable Scottie dog buttons in fabric stores. They are shank buttons where the hole is in the back, not visibly through the dog. One of these would look cute, too, and would be permanent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •